Traffic plays a crucial role in determining the ultimate success of your eCommerce website. It brings potential customers to your businesses. Also, traffic helps maintain a strong rank among competitors in Google SERPs. How can you improve your rankings? How can you get high-risk merchant account instant approval for your business? Just read this article and you’ll know.
eCommerce in the UK: Growing Your eCommerce Business
eCommerce is on the rise all over the world. What can you do to build an awesome eCommerce website for your business?
First of all, you should focus on SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Why? You should do this to enjoy better website visibility, improve user engagement and retention, as well as rankings.
In the UK, there’re currently 45.36 million eCommerce users. Additionally, 4.06 million users are anticipated to do online shopping by 2021. 4 years from now, the total 49.42 million eCommerce users are expected to spend an average of 2,251.82 USD online.
So, it’s critical to work with a reliable and experienced payment processor if you want to grow your business. This can easily be done if you turn to a payments expert in the UK that can help you find the best merchant services company in the field. With a reputable comparison company, you can obtain high-risk merchant account instant approval easily.
SEO Requirements for eCommerce Businesses
There’re distinct SEO requirements that eCommerce sites, especially the international ones, should meet. So, what can you do to ensure that your eCommerce site targets the correct location in the search results?
- When targeting country and language searches, focus on the code, not on the page.
- Focus on whether you should use unique country code top-level domains (ccTLDs), such .de and .ca, or a common .com domain with countries and languages housed in directories, such as /de/de and /fr/ca. Other options include subdomains and vanity domains (technically).
- If you need to redirect users to the site based on their location, make sure that search engines can crawl beyond your default country and language site.
- Make sure that the header or footer has a country selector element featuring a crawlable rollover or dropdown element of some kind that links to the other major countries served.
- Build original content that search engines can detect and grad positively.
- Optimise meta descriptions since they can increase the Click Through Rate (CTR), thus growing traffic.
- Add customer reviews since they give your potential leads the information they need to make the final decision concerning a purchase. Customer reviews also increase SERP ratings and improve user experience.
- When placing inbound and outbound links, choose quality over quantity.
- Implement 301 redirects. This can help you cultivate the benefit of inbound links available in website pages that no longer exist.
- Integrate keywords within the anchor text of internal links. This will boost visibility and provide users with a descriptive, clickable link.
- Don’t forget about Pay Per Click (PPC). It’s the fastest way available to advertise your online presence on Google and other third-party websites.
- Optimise your images. Integrate relevant keywords to enhance the crawlability of your website content.
- Specify priorities in SiteMap.xml. Search engines trust sitemap.xml when crawling a website.
- Modify the Robots.txt file to direct search engine crawlers to crawl only specific website pages.
- Follow Google Algorithm updates as they change quite frequently.
Website use continues to grow all over the world. Whether you’re just starting with a new website or improving an existing one, you should follow the important SEO suggestions so to succeed.
Author Bio: Electronic payments expert Taylor Cole is a passionate entrepreneur who also enjoys writing, playing guitar, and camping. BestPaymenProviders is UK’s best high risk merchant account instant approval company, serving both traditional and high-risk merchants.