5 Benefits of Technology in Human Lives – The term “technology” is derived from the Greek word, which is “techne” meaning “craft” and “logia” means “the study of something”.
Some examples of technology is an information technology, medical technology, biotechnology, etc. As a branch-term technology in various fields of science and research, as well as benefits. Let’s look at the benefits of the technology in several key areas of everyday life:
1. Benefits of Technology in Business
Technology is now an integral part of any business directly from the purchase of computers and software for the implementation of the network and security tools. This helps companies to:
• Keep up-to-date
• Business trips ahead
• Maintain and survive competition
In short, technology has become one of the important factors that maximize performance in business organizations.
2. Benefits Communication Technology
From your computer, tablet, until the touch-screen phone, the technological advances in communications is not limited. Means and modes of communication are unlimited. Some of the benefits of technological progress in the field of communication is:
• Speed: time is no longer an obstacle to communication
• Clarity: With megapixel images and video, and audio clarity in communication has been an experience that has never existed before
• Proximity: the advancement of technology has made the world a smaller place to live in
• Spread: the spread of information, broadcast news, or the sharing of knowledge, technology has made it faster, easier and shorter.
3. Benefits of Technology in Education
Technological advances in the field of education is rapidly growing. Today, e-learning is a term familiar and popular. Some of the benefits of technology in this field
• Personal learning experience: Learners are able to control and manage their own learning. They set their own objectives, manage processes and learning content, and communicate with colleagues.
• Direct response: Most of the e-learning program to provide instant feedback on the assessment of learners. Likewise, there are features such as chat, discussion forums, e-library, etc. which allows for clarification at a faster pace than in the traditional classroom.
• Self-responsibility: Learners can map out the program at their own pace. This ensures a higher level of motivation both in terms of completing the task as well as performance.
• Greater access: advances in technology have opened up education for learners with learning disabilities and in remote locations.
4. Benefits of Technology in Health
Merger between medicine and technology has changed the face of health and revolutionized the medical profession. Some of the key benefits are:
• Environmentally friendly: The technology allows physicians and patients to interact in a safe and comfortable environment to discuss sensitive issues.
• Flexibility: The doctor can answer routine questions and less critical at the appropriate time.
• Cost- and time-saving: Doctors can help provide advice, by communicating via the Internet with a patient. This saves costs and time by reducing visits to the clinic.
• Medical devices: medical tools allow patients to continue recovery at home, thereby reducing them to stay in the hospital.
• Vulnerable Populations: Technology helps young patients, parents, and birth defects are a complex, chronic illnesses, and children with disabilities, by reducing their problems so that they can continue living in their homes.
5. Benefits Technology in Society
The technology is currently covering almost all aspects of our everyday shopping, banking, make travel arrangements to the reception at the university. Some of the benefits are:
• Convenience: Provide a lot of convenience to facilitate personal and business transactions be it shopping, banking, or just paying bills.
• Speed: From sending gifts to make payments everything will be done with a few clicks.
• Communication: The world is a smaller place and technologies enable everyone to keep in touch with family and their friends at a more affordable cost.
• Accuracy: The technology has reduced errors in the mundane tasks that are tedious, saving time and costs.
• Development: Technology has brought development in various fields such as medicine, government, business, education, and others
Technology has evolved and changed our lives and society. Overall, technology has brought tremendous growth and benefit mankind.